In the last week, I’ve finished up a couple of projects that I had been putting off for far too long. First, I made some flannel baby wipes to go along with the cloth diapers we’ll be using for the babe after the first few weeks. My dear friend Joani kindly gave me a huge amount of flannel to use, so I now have about 30 double-sided wipes and four burp cloths just from that material!
Once I had gotten into burp cloth-making mode, I couldn’t stop myself and went ahead and made several more with some different fabric. Now the sewing machine has been put up so I can’t come up with an excuse to make more!
And lastly, I finished up the baby sweater that I started soon after we found we were pregnant. I bought a neutral green at the time and slowly worked through the two front pieces, sleeves, and back. The sweater is knitted on size 2 needles so it wasn’t the fastest process, but what I spent the most time delaying was piecing it together for fear that I would mess it up and/or that I would discover that it was irreparably messed up. But, it wasn’t! And now I’m done 🙂 He may be wearing it home from the hospital (along with a matching cap I made) or we may save it for pictures later. Either way, he’ll be wearing it soon since I made the 0-3 month size!