For those of you who know me well…or have ever had a conversation with me during which we talked about something that reminded me of a song, you know that I like to sing spontaneously. Show tunes, pop music, oldies, nursery rhymes, you name it. I believe I inherited this from my dear mother and have been dutifully passing it on to Donnie and now to poor unsuspecting Benjamin.
I’ve found that being alone with a baby all day long affords a veritable cornucopia of opportunities to sing any and all kinds of songs…to the great delight of the listener! I have yet to capture this on film but hope to soon (except for the little snippet of “Rolling on a River/on a Blanket” that some of you heard during the Rolling video) .
Here are some of the songs I sing, with Benjamin’s name or variant thereof appropriately inserted.
- “O my darling Clementine/Benji”
- “My bologna/baby has a first name…It’s B-E-N-J-I” (his middle name works in place of Mayer as well!)
- “Pussycat/Benji-boy, Benji-boy, I love you, yes I do!”
- “How cute is that doggie/Benji in the window? The one with the beautiful eyes, etc…”
- “There was a man who had a dog/baby, and Bingo/Benji was his name-o”
New songs are being discovered every day! Nothing is off-limits (as you can tell by the “Pussycat” one…). If you have any suggestions, please do share 🙂